Pages

Sunday 18 May 2014

Summer Running

Today truly felt like the first day of summer running. It was warm, almost too warm for the t-shirt I had on. I was running through woods at the back of my house admiring the Pentlands and the gorgeous bluebells. I was thinking I can't wait until Kobi can come running with me and then I was thinking I definitely want to do another marathon this year. And then I was thinking oooo the Pentlands look nice today, wish I'd gone up there. And then I was thinking, wish I was running in Keswick today.....

My mind was just full of stuff and nonsense. I love how running lets you clear your mind. I have started writing my PHD proposal and it is going ok. I have 2000 words out of 5000 written and have until the end of July to do it. So I am thinking that is okay. Probably wrote another 1000 in my head on the way around my run.

Then I started to think about all my years of running. Every now and then you have runs which just hit the spot. You are physically right and mentally right. I remembered back to a run I did last year in Keswick which involved some hill running, over fields, lots of bridges and some road. It was basically up Cat Bells, around by Grange, back via the lake and Ashness Bridge. It was boiling hot, but just perfect for running. And I was fit enough to do it and enjoy it. Runs like that don't come along so often you need everything to be right. Finished it off with a tea and a cake at the Lakeside Cafe, which sadly is no longer there. Running bliss indeed.

Wonder what great runs I've still to do, maybe lots with Kobi.

And a massive well done to my fetchie pal Chris Renton (Rentboy) who today on his 50th birthday will be, as I type, completing his tenth marathon of his ten in ten days at Windermere, Lake District. Amazing effort young man!! Happy Birthday.

So Team Ali Race for Lifers - come on be inspired get your shoes on and get out on this sunny summer day.

Cup of tea now I think.

don't worry, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment