Pages

Thursday 31 August 2017

One week to go to the Great North Run

Having been down to Huddersfield, NDNA head office for the day I had to pass through Newcastle on the train. I have made this trip a few times now but today there was added excitement, the Great North Run sign was up on the Tyne Bridge, resplendently announcing the arrival of the Great North Run next Sunday.

I went out for a run with Tracey last night and despite a slow start, both of us were tired and it was unusually cold, my legs soon loosened off and I really enjoyed the run. So a few more short runs this week and next and I will be ready to take on the streets of Newcastle. Me and Mo Farah!

The bridge looked amazing in the sunshine, I can't wait to be running over it, waiting for the red arrows to pass and hearing Mark Knopfler's Local Hero in my head! Great North Run - here comes JaneyM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment