Pages

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Rejection...

 

Every year I enter the London Marathon and every year but one I am rejected. Now you could look at this as a negative thing, but those who read my blog will know that is not me at all. This year has brought many challenges in running and also in my personal life. But as always running is a constant and is what gets me through the personal challenges. 

So with yet another London Marathon rejection my mind turns to other marathons. This year saw me run the Kielder Ultra, and I did think about running that again, however, I had Alistair as my motivation for getting me around 31 miles as it was him who entered me into it, so not sure I would have the same motivation for such a tough run. And Edinburgh holds no more challenge for me having run it 5 times now. So my thoughts turned to Windermere Marathon. Twice I have entered this race and twice I have bottled it because I thought it was too hilly, too hard. But now with Kielder under my belt I am not so afraid of the challenge of long miles with big hills. I am also hugely inspired by Chris Renton (a fetchie) who took part in the 10 in 10 Brathay Windermere challenge last year and is mad enough to be doing it again. I also love the Lake District so would take lots of pleasure in running this race.

I have also agreed (tentatively) to enter the Carnethy 5 with Christina Schmidt so there won't be a shortage of hills. 

So is another rejection from London a negative thing, not at all, it has led me to run 7 marathons and 1 Ultra because of those rejections, so I'll take it as a positive thing as I head over to the Windermere Marathon website to check that out. 

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing...

don't worry, be happy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment