Pages

Sunday 2 November 2014

Triathlon training update number 3

This week has been an odd week. It has been tough to find time to fit in tri training but I have managed some.

Had a couple of runs this week (although to be honest, probably just playing with the running as I know I can pull 3 miles out of the bag). But did go for my cycle today which was a bit more serious and focused mainly on me trying to get myself up big hills. And that wasn't easy when my easy peasy gear decided it wasn't going to work. But I did it in the end.

So here is the low down on some of my training this week.

Wednesday night saw Rhona and I take part in a spooky hallowe'en 5k fun run in the Meadows. It was excellent fun. Probably the daftest run I have ever taken part in but excellent fun. It began with the race briefing at Potterrow. The instructions were "we are not telling you the route or where the start line is, but basically you have to collect four glow sticks and a pile of sweeties then come back here".









We walked down through George Square to the start, a motley looking bunch all dressed up in Hallowe'en costumes. When we got to the point which looked like the start the race organiser looked at us all and said the start could be anyone of the three paths which led into the Meadows. Mass chaos ensued at this point and like a flock of starlings doing that fancy thing they do, we all swooped around and headed off up the path back the way we had come. Who knows if this was the right way to go but that was the way the masses were going so we followed. 


We ran this way and that way in the Meadows, no idea really where the route went. We passed one person running really fast and someone said that he was the winner but no one else seemed to be coming after him, how anyone knew he was the winner I have no idea. Anyhow after a hysterical half hour of running round in circles we finally had 4 glow sticks in our hands and we were able to head back to what appeared to be the finish. As with the start there was no finish line, just some people standing and runners appearing to stop running so finish line it was!



It was probably the most fun I have had running a 5K ever. I had no watch on, had no idea how long it took me or whether we did actually run 5k or not but it was just brilliant fun. Definitely doing it again next year if it is on! 

Next blog will cover another run and my cycle.

don't worry, be happy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment