Pages

Sunday 2 November 2014

Triathlon training update number 3 continued.

Saturday morning saw Rhona and I take Kobi down the railway for a run. The thing with running with Kobi is that he doesn't really run in a straight line which results in you running all over the place. We followed the railway path until we came to another path which took us down by the river. It was a beautiful run through the autumn colours.















Sunday morning came and I talked myself into going out on my bike. Rhona's front wheel is still at Edinburgh Bikes being fixed so I had to drag myself out on my own. Headed along the railway again, but much faster this time. It was an absolutely gorgeous morning again. The colours were just stunning. Tackled the big hill again and managed to cycle from the railway to the top of the hill in a oney! Which is a biggie for me. If I am to manage three times around Arthur seat in 8 weeks time then I have to tackle bigger hills than the one I did today. But today was easier than last week, so progress is being made. It would of course help if my easy peasy gear would have worked (but got Ryan on the case for that one!). Might even have enjoyed myself out on my bike today but don't tell Tracey, Douglas or Rhona that! :)






No swim managed this week but not too worried about that have been regularly swimming 1K at the pool so I am sure 400 m won't be that big a challenge, even if it is over 50m lengths. But am going to head to the Commonwealth pool to get a go at swimming the longer distance. Am also working up to a brick session around Arthur Seat (maybe in two weeks time).

don't worry, be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment