Pages

Thursday 11 October 2012

A beautiful autumn run..........

If ever you wondered if Autumn was here - well look at these colours...

The start of my run. 
 Started out early this morning for my autumn run. The sun was shining and it was still quite warm. The woods are looking really autumnal now, with the colours vibrant and the ground covered in leaves.


I went through the woods towards the Penicuik Estate and took the red route! Was feeling quite good at this point. So I headed off down towards the woody path. 



The woody path holds a secret! You can pass this without even noticing this fabulous Rapunzel tower! It is hidden away and you have to sneak up another path away from the main one and climb over broken down trees and through mud. A cracking wee find!


Once I had been at the tower I carried on down the path and look, a log in my way, well I leapt right over it! I know it is not high off the ground but for those of you who know me, you will know that even this poses a challenge to my lack of leapyness when I am running. But I didn't miss a step - whoop over I went!!!! 


Out of that part of the estate, back over the road and onto the second part of my run, into the Lowrie's Den Walkway. I was having a really good run at this point. I really enjoy running when it is easy and I forget that I am actually running and am just going along enjoying myself.

gorgeous berries


A little bit further down the path and I came to a bridge and a burn. The question is - did I run over the bridge or throw caution to the wind and storm through the water? Those of you who know me will be saying "she went over the bridge cos Jane hates getting her feet wet!" But, no, I went straight through the water - who hoo. My feet were soaking wet but strangely liberating. It was great.


That's it - on my way home! Only half a mile to go. What a fabulous autumn run. Can't wait to go to Keswick next week and get me some more autumn running :)

don't worry, be happy :)












No comments:

Post a Comment