Pages

Thursday 18 October 2012

My Keswick Run

Got up nice and early to go out for my Keswick Run. The sun wasn't exactly splitting the sky but it had stopped raining and the sky was bright. As I was saying cheerio to Alistair I was walking down the steps from our attic conversion of a bedroom. Just as I was saying to him that I wondered if I should wear my hat for my run was I bumping down the stairs and landing in a heap at the bottom! Not sure what I had hurt the most I sat for a moment and then got up, (a few choice words were heard!) and then hobbled down the stairs. Quick check - left arm bruising nicely, bumped knee and sore ankle. But none of it was too bad so opted to go out for my run nonetheless.





The first part of my run took in the river Greta, a view of Grizedale Pike, Skiddaw and Latrigg. Beautiful views all around. After I skirted the fields alongside Skiddaw and Latrigg I headed down to the railway line.




This took me back into Fitz park and back to the River Greta. As you can see the river was very full and moving fast. Next stop the town centre. It was market day in Keswick and the Moot Hall was surrounded by bustling market stalls.


Next stop the subway heading down to Lady Hope park and the Lake. Past the crazy golf and into Lady Hope's garden. It was absolutely beautiful, the colours were stunning.




Next stop the Lake. Derwent water is lovely and at this time of year with the autumn colours and the very changeable weather it is especially beautiful. Almost at the end of my run was at Friar's Crag. This is my most favourite place in the world. I particularly love it when it is raining and the wind is howling up the lake, this is because the visitors usually stay away and I get it all to myself. A lovely place to contemplate life.







Finally, my run ends at, what Andrew named many years ago, the family rocks. This is the spot where for many visits when they were young Andrew and Rhona had to visit before the end of our holiday to Keswick. It is funny now though, whilst Andrew won't admit it, he still likes to clamber all over the family rocks and balance just above the water on the rock which sits in the water.


Andrew's balancing rock!!!





Life is good! Right up until I fell again later on whilst we were walking down from Latrigg. At that point, I was very sore, a bit more bruised but at least I managed to get my run in this morning.

don't worry, be happy 
:)






No comments:

Post a Comment