Pages

Sunday 15 September 2013

Latest update...

This has been an odd sort of week, and at times a little stressful. Rhona's exchange pupil was very young and absolutely lovely but cried virtually all week because she was missing her family. Whilst she had a small grasp of English our Czech was limited to "Ahoy" (hello) and "Dobra" (good - I think?) which made for difficult conversation and a lot of uncomfortable silences. However, this morning at 11.20am in the pouring rain and howling rain we waved goodbye to her. Rhona and I both looked at each other and commented on how instantly relaxed but puggled we felt now that she was away. It was a real shame because she arrived in the middle of our family storm, Andy leaving, Ali being in hospital and just me and Rhona in the house. But we did have a nice day with her yesterday in Edinburgh so hopefully she has some nice memories to take home with her.


So, once we waved Adela off we headed for Tesco, got our shopping and then headed home for lunch. Rhona made Alistair some (enormous) empire biscuits.


Then we took ourselves into the hospital to see Alistair. It is Alistair and I's 23rd wedding anniversary today and I was determined to make something of it, because being apart on our anniversary sucks enough without it just being another day in the hospital. So we took flowers (which I had to bring home as you are not allowed flowers in hospital any more), nice fizzy juice (can't really drink wine when he is on strong antibiotics), champagne flutes (well plastic ones) and our cards. We had as nice a time as you can when you are separated by a hospital bed!





After our visit to Alistair, Rhona and I were discussing how we were really tired and needed to chill out. I said I was going to go for a short run to try and relax the stress out of my shoulders and just remind my legs how to run. She said she would come with me but on her bike. So that is what we did. 2 and a half miles with me running and Rhona scooting about everywhere on her bike. It was bloody brilliant! Just what was needed. Whilst I was running I began planning my marathon in my head. My start at Cramond and then the turn around at Musselburgh. What fuel I was going to take, where I could pick up water, shops on the way etc. Started thinking about time splits for my willing helpers and anyone else who can be bothered popping out to see me. I may or may not have Alistair out of the hospital to come and help me with my marathon. But it is for him that I am doing it and I will blog the heck out of my marathon day to record it. 

I am going to go out for about 10 miles tomorrow (run to Roslin) to get the legs running again. I can still feel the distance in them, but they are a bit stiff having not done much this week but it won't take much to get them going again.

It is amazing how life can throw loads of shit at you but eventually it all clears and you begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Alistair still has no release date but he is getting better and I am so impressed by his resilience and strength. I know he will be back up and biking before we know where we are.

Oh and I have entered the Glasgow Half Marathon to satisfy my magpie tendencies for bling! For once I will be well and truly trained up for the Glasgow Half, normally I am winging it by September!

don't worry, be happy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment