Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Recovery Run

This morning I was working at home so decided before I would power up the computer (following a bit on the Breakfast news about sitting at home on computers doing work not being great for you) that I would start with a recovery run.

My ankles were really stiff after Sunday's run, however after about a mile they soon settled down. As with every run at the moment I had no idea what gear to put on - it was raining and a little bit cool when I set out. So I put on a fairly light long sleeved t-shirt and my gilet and as par for the course at the moment one mile into my run and the sun came out and I was boiling!!! What can you do?

So after a decent four miles and a nice run I was back home ruining my posture sitting with my computer doing work stuff. At my cup of tea time I logged onto Fetch and was reading a thread about aiming for a sub 60 min 10k (Gimmiemedals has inspired me). Now there is a challenge I thought, a summer holiday challenge. I am technically training for a half marathon and a triathlon in Sept but aiming for a sub 60 min 10K can only help. I feel a trot down to Parkrun on Saturday coming on.

So with twotacklethree over here is my new challenge!

- sub 10k (will need to find a 10K to do this at)
- Glasgow Half Marathon
- Haddington Sprint Triathlon.

Will need to work hard to get that sub 60min 10k - I have done it before with some work should hopefully get there!

don't worry, be happy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment