Pages

Saturday 30 June 2012

Sunny Saturday morning

This morning started bright and early with the Edinburgh Parkrun. Rhona had decided to come and join me. We met Tracey and her friend Fiona and had a good laugh at the start line. There were loads of people there.


We took some nice pictures of each other at the start and then waited for the off. 



We got started and Rhona was doing really well. We got to about 2K and I noticed Rhona's shoelace was out. I told her and she bent down to tie it. Once she had tied her shoelace we started running again. She looked like she wanted to just plug into her ipod and get running at her own pace so I asked her if I should just let her get on with it. "Yes" she said. However, the mummy in me got the better of me and I had to stop and see how she was doing. I ran back to her because she looked like she was struggling a bit. She was. She said she felt a bit funny and didn't think she could finish. "How about we walk a bit?" I asked. Stroppy teenager reared her head and snapped at me :( so when she said she was going back I said I would run on and then catch up with her at the end. Better option all round! Well, then I just got all worried and because I was half way there all I could really do was keep running to get back quickly. Still managed to pull off 32 mins despite about 5 minutes dithering in the middle, I was actually feeling really good. Eventually got back to Rhona and she said she still felt a bit faint. She wasn't faking it poor wee soul. We got back to the car and reassured her that it didn't matter that she didn't finish - we all have dodgy runs from time to time doesn't mean the next one will be bad. 

Her 5K is in 3 weeks time, plenty of time to get over today. Anyway, we are doing a race for life on our holidays - no racing just lots of fun - lots of walking if necessary.

I felt really bad for her, cos I know what it feels like when you have felt really bad running and can't finish what you start. But still chalk it up as an experience.

Now, settle down, le Tour de France begins.........................................

allez, allez, allez.........

don't worry, be happy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment