Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Celebrations and sunshine

The first part of today started with a lot of nerves. Andy's Higher results were due in and the Postie doesn't usually arrive until 11.00am so between getting up at 8am I painted the skirting boards in the hall, put the washing on and hung it out, hoovered, polished the living room, tidied the kitchen and a whole host of other non jobs to while away the time. Andy was prowling about getting more nervous as the time went on. I ended up sitting in the back garden because I couldn't bear to be near the letter box. Whilst I was sitting out the back I could hear the Postie dropping letters into neighbours boxes and then he got to ours. I shouted to Andy who nervously took his envelope into the conservatory and began to rip it apart (doesn't really do envelopes does our Andy). I could hear him opening it whilst I was sitting outside. Two seconds later I heard the conservatory door fling open and he came out with a huge grin - "I've done it" he said "five A's". I could have cried, the relief, his dreams of becoming a Doctor are still there. First hurdle, several to go yet but at least the first bit is done. He got an A for his English, he failed his prelim so we used some of the money left to us when my Grandma died to get him a tutor. So in some way Grandma was with him in that exam and he passed.

So now that the nerves are all away we can all relax. Andy and Rhona are heading to Keswick next week with my mum and dad and Alistair and I are going to London for the weekend. We can all relax now.

So with a beautiful sunny day waiting me I decided I would head out on my bike and ended up cycling about 14 miles. On a gorgeous sunny day like this you really realise how lovely a place we live in. The sky was pure blue over the Pentland Hills and it was warm and sunny. The fields are all lush looking and there were loads of wee sheep milling about. Just a lovely bike ride.

Worked my way down to Rosslyn Chapel which was really busy.




Alistair is taking us out for our tea to The Cavalier tonight to celebrate Andy's success. 

don't worry, be happy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment