Pages

Monday 6 August 2012

Getting chased!

It was very wet this morning and I couldn't really be bothered running or taking my bike out so I said to Rhona and her pal, Hannah if they wanted to go to Peebles swimming pool. They are both taking part in an aquathon in September so are both training. So off we went in the rain to Peebles. It was chucking it down when we got there so we ran into the pool and got ourselves changed.



The pool was really busy but there was a lane up so in Rhona and I went. Hannah decided the people in the lane were a bit fast for her so she did her lengths in the bit without lanes. It has to be said she was right there were three other people in the lane and they were really fast. Rhona was fine she just does her thing swimming up and down. I am not quite as fast and efficient as Rhona so I kept having to stop at the end to let the fast lady past (she was annoying me a bit as she was doing drills and kept using the whole lane despite us having to have squeeze past her every time she passed). Rhona eventually went out and went to swim with Hannah and by this point it was just me and the fast lady. She was chasing me up and down the pool - made me work very hard. My arms were about dropping off. And then in climbed "very tanned sculpted man". So I had her chasing me and I was chasing him (in a swimming fashion you understand!). He may well have been very handsome but was a total lightweight and only lasted a few laps before he toddled off to the fun part of the pool. Ha - beaten by two women!!!

So after my 750m I ended up at the deep end of the pool. Fast lady was swimming towards me and  I laughed because as she swam up the length the lifeguard was dragging the lane away from her. It was toddlers swimming lesson time. She looked up when she got to the wall - I laughed over to her and pointed to the lack of lane. "Well that's a good excuse to stop" she said. She ended up not annoying me as she was really nice. We had a good chat about how going to a masters class helped her to learn to swim properly and she suggested me going to an adult swimming class rather than trying to teach myself to get my head under the water. So off to contact Lynn now and ask her about classes at Beeslak.

It is funny how different pools can feel different to swim in but Peebles definitely feels different from Penicuik - I don't know why because it is all just water but somehow Peebles felt harder although shorter. Does that make sense? The water felt tougher to swim through for some reason. Anyway, enough rambling. Nice swim and the sun came out when we came out and it is still shining now.




don't worry, be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment