Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Janey's biking blether

After a whole month of running I decided to head out on my bike this morning. 


My very own personal bike mechanic decided to tackle the problems I was having with my back, shoulders and hands (was finding it really hard to change gears and brake). He measured the handlebars and stem that my bike came with and announced that they were "massive" and then promptly whipped them off the bike and bought new ones. It now has sparkly new handlebar tape on it and the bars themselves are woman specific and the stem is much shorter. 



Look at how sparkly the handlebar tape is!!!!




What a difference! It was like riding a different bike. I didn't go that far as I wanted to get back for the cycling on the television but did manage ten miles and as I say it was like riding a different bike. Much, much better!


I ended up cycling around by the Edinburgh University Campus at the Dick Vet, it is really lovely around there with the Pentland Hills at the side of you as you ride along.





All he needs to do now is get a yellow car, stick some bikes on the top and drive along at the back of me and hanging out the car to fix my bike when it won't work! :-) 





Anyway, settling down now to watch the individual time trials and marvel at the way that they can actually ride a bike!!! (as opposed to what I pass as riding a bike as :-))


don't worry, be happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment