Pages

Thursday 2 August 2012

Flotterstone and the Pool

Today started with a really nice run up to Flotterstone with Tracey. We had planned to go running around Sir John Clerk's Estate however it was so muddy the other day I was there that the plan had to change as I am sick of wading through fields of mud. Flotterstone was just the place to go. It was a really lovely morning and the sun was shining and it was really warm. I did warn Tracey that there was a bit of a hill to start with (well it is the Pentland Hills) and then it levels out at the reservoir. The reservoir was really full, which is nice to see as it was a bit empty earlier on in the year. No problem with a lack of water now!! We got to the turnaround point, stopped for a second to look at the view and then headed back down the hill. I like this route as it is hard work to begin with and then you are rewarded with a huge downhill on the way back. It is a good 4 mile run as it doesn't feel like it.



After lunch I decided that I would top of the training today with a trip to the pool. I really enjoyed my 750m today as it was quite quiet and everyone who was in the pool was swimming lengths which was good as it meant a straight forward up and down. I am really starting to enjoy swimming and my plan is to try and sort out my breathing over the winter when I am not training for anything.  It is hard to keep training and to try and work out technique at the same time. Will get Haddington out of the way first and then crack on with trying to re-learn how to swim properly.

don't worry, be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment