Pages

Thursday 19 July 2012

Day eighteen and nineteen of July Streak

We planned to travel home on Wednesday night to avoid the mad traffic around Birmingham and Manchester at rush hour on Thursday. So Wednesday was really taken up with packing and preparing to go home. So Wednesday's streak consisted of walking, my running stuff was packed away. Walked at Perranporth and also at St Agnes.

Then there was the drive, I have no idea how Alistair can drive through the night. We left at 7pm and by 11.30pm I was swapping over with Andrew as I was starting to fall asleep. Another down side to sitting for nearly ten hours in the car is you are stiff as a board when you get out. So by 3.30am we finally got home to Penicuik and we all hobbled into bed - I fell asleep without even noticing that I had fallen alseep!

Woke up at 10am and once we had eaten some breakfast I decided to stretch my stiff legs. Back to running around Penicuik. 3 miles later back home and legs feeling better again. Got to start building back up again properly for the Half Marathon and Triathlon. Going to try and head out to the pool tomorrow.

So after a bit of a slightly dodgy streak saving walk - streak is still intact!

don't worry, be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment