Pages

Saturday 21 July 2012

day twenty one of July Streak

Headed for Parkrun this morning. It was a gorgeous, sunny, warm morning down at Cramond - yes we were still in Scotland! It was quite busy and we had a great wee blether with Pam (who always looks so glamourous all made up and neat and then she goes and pulls out 22 min 5K's - what is that all about????).

My leg was a bit sore after pulling a muscle whilst body boarding in Perranporth. But thought I'll give it a go anyway. Started off slowly and then tried to pick up the pace a little bit. But the sore muscle was just shortening my stride a bit and it was really quite hard work. It doesn't feel like a hamstring injury but it is around that sort of area - it doesn't feel like it will get worse but is just stiff nonetheless. So, once we got to about 2.5K I started to struggle a bit and I did slow down. I was convinced that Tracey would pass me as I was not doing well at that point. I couldn't see her on the turnaround leg and normally I can see her as I turn so I was sure that she was doing well and would pass me at any point. At 4K (my usual struggle point) I dug in because I knew my head would start to tell me to start walking. The final stretch always catches me out at Parkrun as it is quite a long way even though you can see the finishing line. I tried really hard to push it a little bit as I basically just wanted to finish and go home. Just as I crossed the line (approximately 31.30m) I heard Tracey right behind me! She had a great run. Me not so.... :(

Anyway, onwards and upwards, the bad ones are there to make the good ones seem so great. I have a long run planned for tomorrow so we will see how that goes.

don't worry, be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment