Pages

Friday 20 July 2012

Day twenty of July Streak

Today was a good day - second day of sunshine!! My streak continued with a run to and from the pool - 1 mile and a swim of 750m. I was quite pleased that I managed the swim after two weeks of not swimming. I don't think splashing around with a body board and wading in the atlantic really counts as swimming. So streak intact.

As if I am not happy with what I have achieved this year I have signed up for a challenge called 5 x 50. The challenge is basically to run or walk or bike 5k everyday for 50 days starting the 9th September. I really want to try and keep my fitness going through the winter again as that is what has made me much stronger this year. Anyway, this is not a charity event (although it can be if you want but I've done enough fundraising this year). It is basically a challenge to get people up and moving in celebration of the Glasgow Commonwealth Games in 2014.

Take a look - it looks like quite a challenge:

http://5x50.co.uk

Anyway, heading out to meet Tracey tomorrow at parkrun.

don't worry, be happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment